close print view
DNRE Director to Recognize 13 Michigan Businesses as Outstanding Environmental Partners
July 13, 2010
Thirteen facilities are being recognized this year with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment*s (DNRE) Neighborhood Environmental Partners (NEP) Program Award for their outstanding commitment to the environment and community outreach. The NEP Program offers business and citizen groups the opportunity to work together to improve their neighborhoods, making them cleaner and more attractive places to live and work.
*When businesses and their neighbors work together to improve our environment and natural resources, everyone in the community benefits,* said DNRE Director Rebecca Humphries. *I congratulate these facilities for their enthusiastic commitment to the environment and a willingness to improve their communities.
Director Humphries will recognize each facility and their community partners with awards ceremonies planned throughout the state in the coming weeks. A kick-off event is planned at 9 a.m. Wednesday, July 14, in Lansing to honor several General Motors facilities in Michigan for their environmental and community outreach. The event will be at the GM Lansing Delta Township facility, located at 8175 Millett Highway in Lansing.
The 13 companies receiving an award are:
- City of Wyoming Clean Water Plant
- Consumers Energy - J.R. Whiting Plant
- Detroit Edison -Belle River Power Plant
- Dow Corning - Midland Site
- General Motors - Flint Metal Center
- General Motors - Lansing Delta Township Plant (GM LDT)
- General Motors - Orion Assembly
- General Motors Powertrain - Romulus Engine Operations
- General Motors Powertrain - Warren Transmission Plant (GM WTP)
- Herman Miller, Inc. - Grand Rapids
- Mel Trotter Ministries - Grand Rapids
- Pilgrim Manor Retirement Community - Grand Rapids
- US Army Garrison - Detroit Arsenal
Further information on the NEP Program is available on the DNRE website at www.michigan.gov/deqnep, or by calling the DNRE*s Environmental Assistance Center at 800-662-9278.
The Department of Natural Resources and Environment is committed to the conservation, protection, management, and accessible use and enjoyment of the state*s environment, natural resources, and related economic interests for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnre .
Michigan.gov Home DEQ Online Services Permits Programs Site Map Contacts Office of Regulatory Reinvention Spending & Accountability
Copyright © 2001-2013 State of Michigan