Park Management Plans
- How Does Management Planning Relate to the Recreation Division Strategic Plan? Management Planning is a defined strategic process within the Recreation Division Strategic Plan (2009)
- What are Park Management Plans? The DNR uses General Management Plans to define a long-range planning and management strategy for State Park and Recreation Areas that reflects the DNR and Park and Recreation Division's mission statements.
- How is a Management Plan Developed? Extensive input is sought from visitors, community stakeholders, other state agencies and Department of Natural Resources staff.
- How Can I Give Input? Stakeholder and Public input is a critical part of the management planning process for state parks and recreation areas.
- What are Management Zones? Management zones help define intensity of development and provide a guide for use of areas within a park.
General Management Plans in Progress
Phase 1 - General Management Plans (Completed)
Phase 2 - Long Range Action Goal Plans