Resident Veterans with Disabilities
+For Michigan residents who are veterans with 100-percent disability or active-duty military, fees are waived for hunting and fishing licenses not obtained through a lottery. Military personnel discount (active-duty status):
- U.S. military members who are currently federal active-duty status.
- Qualifying customers must provide proof of military status at the time of purchase as well as while afield and be able to present proof upon request by a conservation officer, a tribal officer, or any other law enforcement officer. Proof of military status may include military ID, leave papers, duty papers, military orders, or other evidence verifying the applicant is a member of the military and has been called to federal active duty.
- Michigan residents who are currently in federal active-duty status may obtain hunting and fishing licenses, for which a lottery is not required, free of charge.
- Non-residents who are in federal active-duty status and currently stationed in Michigan are eligible to receive resident pricing on hunting and fishing licenses.
- DNR will perform random audits to verify this information.