Our Story, Our Words
Youth Speak Out on Sex, Love, and Teen Pregnancy
How do you get from point A - the dating, to point B - the healthy relationship? Find out here.
Pregnancy Food Guide
- What is your relationship reality? The decisions you make about your relationships matter a lot - both in the short-term and in the long-term. So, Stay Teen has collected some facts, tips, and feedback from teens about what makes a healthy relationship and how to avoid an unhealthy one.
- List of free Clinical Health Centers in Michigan
- About Birth Control: What You Need to Know
- Considering Adoption? Use this on-line search to find adoption agencies in Michigan and other States.
- Healthy Hints for Pregnant Women Give your baby a great start in life. What you eat, the amount of weight you gain and the healthy things you do during your pregnancy can help your baby for its entire life. Your energy and nutrient needs are certainly greater when you are pregnant, but being pregnant does not mean you have to eat twice as much. Most pregnant women only need about 300 extra calories daily
- What am I going to do? - DHS Pub-864 Safe Delivery Program, encourages teens and young adults to consider a safe alternative to abandonment and answers questions about the Safe Delivery law.
- Discipline Techniques - Positive Discipline
- Safe Sleep for your Baby Find out how to reduce the risk of SIDS and keep your sleeping baby safe.
- Find services for fathers throughout Michigan The Proud Fathers and Proud Parents programs are a part of DHS's Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Marriage Initiatives. These programs focus on the father-child relationship development through a "nurturing" parenting style as opposed to a "fear-based" parenting style.
- that you may be eligible for covered parenting/skills classes under the YIT program? Check out our information for eligibility requirements and details.
- Helping You Become a Better Dad
Fathers.com provides research-based training, practical tips and resources to help men be the involved fathers, and father figures their children need. Find tips on fathering stages, situations, key relationships and hot topics.
- Top Ten Rules for Fathers
- Raising a healthy child
Did you know, that by providing a nurturing and learning environment, you can actually influence how your child's brain develops, which in turn affects their ability to learn and become healthy, happy, successful adults?
As a parent you are your child's first and most important teacher. Doing simple everyday things like talking, reading, and playing helps your child grow and even increases your child's IQ. Find information and tools to help you on the michigan.gov/greatstart website.
- Keeping your child healthy from head to toes Keeping your child healthy is a big job! Read all about common childhood aches, pains, and illnesses, plus how to take care of your child's body from teeth to toes.
- A pediatrician's guide to a child's heath and safety Among the features that keepkidshealthy.com offers to parents are free parenting advice, online forums, info product recalls and pediatric news updated daily, an immunization schedule and more.
- Don't Wait Until it Hurts Your child needs healthy teeth to eat, talk and smile!!
- Keep your family safe from the flu
- Find child care and early education providers that can best meet the needs of your family.
- What to look for in a Child Care Provider The following list will give you some hints to help you make a good child care choice.
- Am I Eligible for Child Care Assistance? You may qualify for Michigan's Child Development and Care Program if you need child care for family preservation (treatment activity for an health or social condition), high school completion, participation in an approved activity, or employment.
- Income Eligibility Chart Use the following Income Eligibility Chart to determine if you may be income eligible.
- Apply for Child Care Assistance To apply now, follow these steps:
- that you may be eligible for covered child care related expenses under the ETV or YIT programs? Check out our information and information for eligibility requirements.
- Child Care Resource and Referral Offices in Michigan
- Child Care Publications