• Discipline Techniques - Positive Discipline
• Safe Sleep for your Baby Find out how to reduce the risk of SIDS and keep your sleeping baby safe.
• Find services for fathers throughout Michigan The Proud Fathers and Proud Parents programs are a part of DHS's Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Marriage Initiatives. These programs focus on the father-child relationship development through a "nurturing" parenting style as opposed to a "fear-based" parenting style.
• Did you know .....that you may be eligible for covered parenting/skills classes under the YIT program? Check out our information for eligibility requirements and details.
• Helping You Become a Better Dad
|Fathers.com provides research-based training, practical
tips and resources to help men be the involved fathers, and father figures
their children need. Find tips on fathering stages, situations, key relationships
and hot topics.
• Top Ten Rules for Fathers
Your Child and School
• Raising a healthy child
|Did you know, that by providing a nurturing and learning
environment, you can actually influence how your child's brain develops,
which in turn affects their ability to learn and become healthy, happy,
As a parent you are your child's first and most important
teacher. Doing simple everyday things like talking, reading, and playing
helps your child grow and even increases your child's IQ. Find information
and tools to help you on the michigan.gov/greatstart
• Keeping your child healthy from head to toes Keeping your child healthy is a big job! Read all about common childhood aches, pains, and illnesses, plus how to take care of your child's body from teeth to toes.
• A pediatrician's guide to a child's heath and safety Among the features that keepkidshealthy.com offers to parents are free parenting advice, online forums, info product recalls and pediatric news updated daily, an immunization schedule and more.
• Don't Wait Until it Hurts Your child needs healthy teeth to eat, talk and smile!!
• Keep your family safe from the flu