- Tips for Winter Workplace Safety
As temperatures drop and winter hazards increase, the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs’ (LARA) Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) and Michigan Workers’ Compensation Agency (WCA) are reminding employers and employees to exercise caution when working in the cold and snow with a new public service campaign found at www.michigan.gov/winterworker.
- Be Winter Wise With cold temperatures here, the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) has featured important information on how to cut winter energy bills. Visit http://www.michigan.gov/bewinterwise to find suggestions for saving energy, links to informational consumer tips, and a wide range of other helpful consumer resources to ensure a warm and cozy winter.
- Coffee with MIOSHA MIOSHA invites employers and employees to share a cup of coffee and learn about the importance of workplace safety, health, earned wages and fringe benefits of Michigan workers. Click here for dates and locations.
- LARA's Bureau of Fire Services Accepting Consumer Fireworks Applications January 2, 2015 Midnight, April 1, 2015 To start the login and application process, visit the Michigan Consumer Fireworks Certificate and Low Impact Registry Site.
- LARA News Link Watch the LARA News Link - a monthly webcast highlighting the events and happenings of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- 2015 Take A Stand Day "Take a Stand" for workplace safety and health. For this eleventh annual "Take a Stand Day," the MIOSHA program is dedicating more than 125 professional staff to visit Michigan high-hazard industries targeted by the MIOSHA Strategic Plan. Click here to schedule a visit. Submit your request by July 22, 2015.
- Reinventing Performance in Michigan After nearly three years transforming state government, Michigan has become a leader in implementing positive changes for business. We must continue our momentum to change the reality and perception companies have of Michigan and become a top 10 business-friendly state.
- An Online Resource for Skilled Immigrants Working through Upwardly Global, LARA has created an online resource for skilled immigrants, providing important information on how to become a licensed professional in Michigan.
- LARA Services for Veterans The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has prepared a compilation of services that may apply to Michigan's Veterans, active military and military families. These services include occupational or business licensing, construction, workplace safety and health, unemployment, and utility assistance.