Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Cosmetics Manufacturer

    Agency: Environmental Quality

    Possible License(s):

    Must comply with the federal laws and rules administered by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Contact 1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332) or Detroit District Office Public Affairs Specialist at 313-393-8109 for information about the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act and rules contained in 21 CFR 700. More information is at under cosmetic links.

    Michigan Manufacturers' Guide To Environmental, Safety & Health Regulations

    The Michigan Departments of Enviromental Quality (DEQ) and Labor & Growth (DLEG) offers a reference guide that provides environmental  and safety assistance to Michigan facilities. The guide includes easy-to-read information about state and federal environmental laws and rules.  It also contains direct phone numbers to agency experts. The guide begins with a self-assessment checklist to steer you through the requirments that affect your business. The cost of the guidebook is around $25 and it is distrbuted every other year at corresponding events called the Michigan Environmental Compliance Conference.

    If interested in attending a workshop or ordering the guidebook, please call the Environmental Assistance Center at (800) 662-9278 for further information.

    Professional Association:

    The Cosmetics, Toiletries and Fragrances Association can also provide assistance for its members. Telephone: (202) 331-1770.

     Revised: 09/2013

    Related Content
     •  Child Camp License
     •  County Clerk Offices
     •  Click Here for Information About Your Business Classification Tasks
     •  Class G-2 License
     •  College or University Conference Center License
     •  Club License
     •  Construction - Infrastructure Screening Questions
     •  County Owned Airport License
     •  Class G-1 License
     •  Catering
     •  Coffee Shop
     •  Child Placing Agency License
     •  Commercial Sign Permit - Billboard Permit
     •  Child Caring Institution License
     •  Contact Us
     •  Certificate of Self-Insurance (Auto)
     •  Campground Operating License
     •  Campground Construction Permit
     •  Carnival & Amusement Safety Permit to Operate Carnival Ride
     •  Cemetery & Crematory Permits
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan