Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Nightclub Licensing Information

    Required State License(s):

    An entertainment permit is required with the Liquor Control Commission.

    When involved in the business of selling spirits with over 21% alcoholic content for consumption off the premises, should be licensed with the Liquor Control Commission at (517) 322-1345.

    Any individual engaged in the business of selling beer, wine, and/or spirits for consumption on the premises should be licensed with the Liquor Control Commission. Twenty-four hour permits are available to non-profit organizations.

    Other Possible License(s):

    An entertainment license is required with the local city/county clerks office.

    When food is prepared and served a license is required with the Department of Agriculture at (517) 373-1060.

    For information about "private clubs" contact the Corporation Division at (517) 241-6470.

    Revised: 5/2005

    Related Content
     •  The notification of intent to renovate/demolish is temporarily unavailable.
     •  Non-Transferable Municipal Civic Center or Civic Auditorium License
     •  NonProfit Seminar
     •  Non-Transferable State Owned Airport License
     •  Non-Transferable Publicly Owned Airport License
     •  Non-Transferable On Premises Resort License
     •  Non-FINRA Regulated Broker-Dealer Firm Registration
     •  Non-Transferable Mackinac Island State Park License
     •  Non-Transferable Municipal Golf Course License
     •  Non-Transferable On Premises Resort Economic Development License
     •  Non-Transferable Public University Outdoor Program or Festival
     •  Non-Gaming Vendor Exemption (Renewal)
     •  NPDES Storm Water (Industrial) No Exposure Certification
     •  NPDES Storm Water (Industrial) General Permit
     •  NPDES Storm Water Discharge from Construction Sites Notice of Coverage
     •  NPDES CAFO Permit
     •  NPDES (Non-Storm Water) Permit
     •  Noncommunity Water Supply Permits (Type II)
     •  Need to know how to become a Reimbursing Employer
     •  New Vehicle Dealer License
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan