Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

Required State License(s):

A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) must be licensed with the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Care Services, Board of Nursing; 517-335-0918.

Nurse Aides may call to receive a list of establishments where they may get the job training in their field of expertise with the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Care Services; 517-241-0554 or by visiting

Further Information:

School nurses and nurse aides should obtain an interim, standard, or professional school nurse certificate from the Department of Education, Teacher Preparation and Certifications; 517-373-6505.

Revised: September 2013