Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Trailer/Camper Sales

    Required State License(s):

    Sellers of trailers or campers that weigh more than 2,500 pounds; towed (without motorized power themselves) are required to be licensed with the Michigan Department of State's Bureau of Licensing and Regulation Division (BLRD) as a vehicle dealer. For more information visit our Web site or call 1-888-SOS-MICH (888-767-6424).

    A Sales tax license for a new item or a Use tax license for a used or rental item is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

    Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. For further information about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

    Revised: 09/18/2013

    Related Content
     •  Temporarily Unavailable
     •  Stockbroker
     •  Solicitor of Students
     •  Treasury SUW Phase I - Testing
     •  Trust Bank
     •  Train (Railroad Cars) License
     •  Temporary Authorization
     •  Transferable on Premises Resort License
     •  Taxidermist
     •  Tavern License
     •  Temporary Field Permit
     •  Temporary Campground License
     •  Tall Structure Permit
     •  Third Party Administrator Certificate of Authority
     •  Tax Filing
     •  Tobacco Tax
     •  Tax Registration
     •  Teacher - Education
     •  Television Station
     •  Telecommunications
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan