Your 1099-G contains important information for your tax records and is also furnished to the Internal Revenue Service.
This is not a bill. This statement is issued annually by the Michigan Department of Treasury.
The 1099-G issued reports the amount of the refund issued to you during the previous calendar year.
The information contained on this form represents the tax year as shown in box 3.
Review all refunds issued to you and the tax returns filed during the year in question; add to the refund amount, any of the following which are included on the 1099-G:
- Amounts credited forward to 2013 estimated tax
- Prior year refunds issued in 2013
- Refund amounts intercepted by Treasury to apply to back tax Assessments, State Agency Collections (e.g., Driver Responsibility Fee) or other 3rd Party Garnishments.
- Any portion of a refund designated on your return to pay Use tax.
- Contributions designated for Voluntary Contribution Schedule
- Amanda’s Fund for Breast Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Animal Welfare Fund
- Children of Veterans Tuition Grant Program
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan Fund
- Children’s Miracle Network Fundv
- Children’s Trust Fund – Prevent Child Abuse Michigan
- Foster Care Trust Fund
- Michigan Council for the Arts Fund
- Michigan Housing and Community Development Fund
- Michigan Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Monument Fund
- Military Family Relief Fund
- Prostate Cancer Research Fund
- Renewable Fuels Fund
- Special Olympics Michigan
- United Way Fund
Subtract refundable credits which are not included on the 1099-G:
- Homestead Property Tax Credit
- Farmland Preservation Credit
- Qualified Adoption Expenses credit
- Stillbirth Credit
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Energy Efficient Qualified Home Improvement Credit
- Historic Preservation Tax Credit
This figure should match the amount on your 1099-G.
If you believe the refund and/or interest amounts provided on this 1099-G are incorrect, use the estimator below to confirm the correct amount before contacting the department.
Please remember to a copy of this screen once your estimation is complete. Keep this copy with your tax records/documentation for the appropriate year. Do not use the "Printer Friendly" version as it will delete all figures from your estimation results.
This estimator provides an unofficial estimate and has no legal bearing on any future tax liability. Interactive estimators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use.
NOTE: The information you provide is anonymous and will only be used for purposes of this estimation. It will not be shared, stored or used in any other way, nor can it be used to identify the individual who enters it. It will be discarded when you exit this program.