State Education Tax Act, Summer Property Taxes
State Education Tax Act (SET) requires that the property be assessed at 6 mills as part of summer property taxes. Summer property taxes are usually due by September 14. Generally, your treasurer (township, city, or county) will be collecting your summer property taxes.
- 2720, Return for Michigan State Education Tax, Mobile Home Tax and Agriculture Property Recapture Tax
- Form 4341, County SET Settlement Summary Report
- Procedures for Refund of Excess Payments of the SET to the County or State and Annual Reporting
- Department of Treasury Letter on Retaining the $2.50 Per Billable Parcel Fee
- Heidelberg Building, LLC v. Michigan Department of Treasry, Court of Appeals, SET Late Interest Rate Application
- Local Governments contact information
- Michigan Township Information
Contact Your Local Treasurer for more information about paying your summer property taxes.